- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 32
- Size: 8.1 X 10.6
- Price: $14.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: Feb. 22, 2022
- ISBN: 9781953458292
What to Expect:
- Relatable childhood favorites—kids who have beloved clothing, blankies, or loveys will be able to relate to Piper’s attachment to Purpa, her favorite purple sweater.
- A reassuring perspective on growing up—as Piper outgrows her favorite sweater, she finds a new way to keep this special object in her life, gently showing young readers that growing up doesn’t have to be scary or mean leaving beloved things behind.
- Celebrates self-expression—selecting one’s own clothing is an important way for kids to express themselves and their individuality.
Susan Lendroth’s picture books range from science to history to children finding their place in the world—because Susan loves science and history and is still finding her place in the world! She works for the Los Angeles Public Library and devotes her spare time to a needy cat named Kitten. Her daughter’s childhood love of the color purple inspired this book.
Olivia Feng is an artist and illustrator who is inspired by the unique way that children view the world. She loves nature and animals, and lives with a cat and three dogs.