- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 40
- Size: 8.1 X 10.6
- Price: $14.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: Mar. 15, 2022
- ISBN: 9781953458087
What to Expect:
- Promotes social-emotional intelligence—young readers will learn alongside Sally how to recognize and process the feeling of sadness.
- Reassuring—this story normalizes feeling sad and talking about emotions with others, instead of trying to hide them.
- Showcases the value of different perspectives—Sally’s sadness manifests as a gray cloud, which she initially sees as a scary thing, but eventually she and her friend find interesting shapes in the clouds, like castles and dragons.
A gentle, reassuring picture book that helps children to recognize and normalize sadness and talk about big feelings. –Little Parachutes, Gold Star Winner
After a career producing theater, Sarah Bagley Steele turned her attention to her own writing and fell in love with the wonder of children’s books. When not writing stories, Sarah loves devising inventive activities for kids. She lives in Brooklyn, New York with her husband, two children, and rascal puppy.
Elsa Pu Si Lo is an illustrator from Macau, China. She has a master’s degree in Children’s Book Illustration from Cambridge School of Art. As an animal lover, Elsa enjoys using gouache, crayons, and ink to create animal characters that are fun, funny, and full of energy.
Clarice Yunyi Cai is an artist based in Tokyo, Japan who does oil and experimental painting. When not working on her art, she is pursuing a PhD at Musashino Art University.