- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 40
- Size: 10.6 X 8.1
- Price: $15.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: May 10, 2022
- ISBN: 978-1-953458-17-9
What to Expect:
- Fairy-tales are popular with kid readers—from the classics like Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood to fractured fairy-tales like Disney’s Descendants franchise. This is a fresh take on a timeless genre.
- A reassuring, empowering perspective on mistakes and perseverance—when the Non-Evil Queen, Wolfred, and Zinderella encounter failure and disappointment, they receive support and encouragement to keep trying and eventually, they succeed. The humorous tone reminds kid readers to take their mistakes in stride.
- Timeless appeal of a school setting—having the characters attend school will feel familiar to kids. The setting is one that welcomes self-discovery, gives space to explore different interests, and models failure as a part of success. This will appeal to teachers and librarians.
- Wide range of appealing characters—the story features a cat, a wolf, a human, and a dragon, which gives child readers a range of character types to enjoy and appeals to different interests and tastes, from animal lovers to kids who prefer fantasy.
“The School of Failure is a wonderful book about mindset and perseverance in the face of failure. As both a parent and educator of young children, I often talk about perseverance and being authentic to who you truly are; this book helps to portray that concept in a clear, concise, and vibrant way.” –Annemarie Riley Guertin, Author of The Monsters on the Broom
Rosie J. Pova is an award-winning, multi-published children’s book author, writing instructor, and creativity coach whose life’s work is to inspire children to be bold, take chances, and chase their dreams. Her picture book, Sunday Rain, was featured in The New York Times and recommended by Parents Magazine. Originally from Bulgaria, Rosie now lives in Dallas, Texas with her family.
Monika Filipina is an award-winning author and illustrator. She earned a master’s degree in Children’s Book Illustration at Cambridge School of Art and lives in Toruń, Poland.