- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 40
- Size: 8.1 X 10.6
- Price: $15.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: 04/20/2021
- ISBN: 978-1-953458-03-2
“The Vanishing Lake is a wonderful read for adults and children alike, as it is a journey of discovery…We are brought on this curious journey to Lake Loughareema – under the water and over the hills – by the distinctive and enchanting voice of the author, encouraging us all to discover the magic and wonder of the story.” – Children’s Books Ireland, Inis Magazine Issue.
What to Expect:
- Wild and Fun: Readers are caught up in a slew of outlandish situations.
- Natural Themes: With a sense of wonder throughout, this book encourages young readers to explore the wider world around them and seek their own natural wonders.
- Gorgeous Art: The illustrations in this book are rich-textured, fun, lively, and entirely engaging.
- A Clever Combination of Fiction and Non-Fiction: An educational back matter offers opportunities for discussions about geographical phenomena.
Paddy Donnelly is an Irish author & illustrator living in Belgium. He grew up on the north coast of Ireland, surrounded by mythical stories of giants, magical creatures, and shape-shifting animals – all set in a stunning landscape from another time. All of this prompted his love for nature, animals, the sea, and storytelling.
He creates his illustrations digitally but loves working with a textured, painterly approach. The Vanishing Lake is his debut author illustrated picture book, based on a real lake close to his childhood home in Ireland.
He wishes Pluto was still a planet. Visit Paddy online at http://lefft.com/