- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 32
- Size: 8.1 X 10.2
- Price: $16.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: August 23, 2022
- ISBN: 9781953458445
A funny, entertaining, original, and endearing picture book that shares a dog’s hard-earned wisdom about living a happy life. –Midwest Book Review
What to Expect:
- PLENTY OF HUMOR AND HEART: From Smudge’s silly antics (stealing food) to jubilant expression in car rides, there’s something on every page to deliver plenty of laughs to young readers and keep them begging for more.
- DOG LOVERS WILL REJOICE: Anyone who has ever had a dog will smile at the messes and joys that a dog brings into a home. A Dog’s Guide to Being Human is a book that celebrates all of the highs of having a furry friend.
- GIFT TO NEW FAMILIES: This is a great book for expecting families about to bring in a new child to the world! A perfect title for those looking to find a baby shower gift.
- FILLED WITH GENTLE WISDOM: With lessons about treating everyone with respect to not saying the dog ate the homework, there’s plenty affirmative, respectful lessons abound (and lessons just full of good sense).
- ADORABLE ART: Artist Agnès Ernoult captures the intimate love and bond between dog and child as they grow older together. With sly looks and mischievous grins, Ernoult breathes a captivating life into the story.
Shanna Silva is an award-winning writer and Broadway producer. She’s the author of Hannah’s Hanukkah Hiccups, Passover Scavenger Hunt, and over 40 high/low books for emerging readers. Her work is featured in various anthologies, blogs, and U.S. magazines. Shanna is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of New York University. Visit Shanna Silva online at https://www.shannasilva.com/
Agnès Ernoult is a children’s book illustrator living in France. She has been published in Australia, France, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Agnès enjoys creating whimsical characters using her nib and watercolor palette and believes that every tale she illustrates is like a journey into a new world, filled with deeper messages for children and parents to discover together. Visit Agnès Ernoult online at https://mariebastille.com/en/agnes-ernoult/