- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 32
- Size: 8.2 X 10.6
- Price: $18.99
- Age Range: 5-8 years, PreK-3
- Publication Date: March 14, 2023
- ISBN: 9781953458476
Key Selling Points:
- Interactive formate—Each page features an interactive lift-the-flap element that allows readers to reveal hidden text, providing additional non-fiction information on the creatures and phenomena featured on that page.
- Great for Read-Aloud—The text abounds with sound words and repetition, like “swoosh, swoosh” and “flap, flap, flap” which will make it a dynamic and fun storytime pick.
- Will Spark Curiosity—For young readers, this may inspire an interest in science and marine biology that will motivate them to research the subject further.
Donna B. McKinney has authored 17 nonfiction books for kids on topics ranging from science and technology to history to sports. Before she wrote for children, she wrote about topics like oceanography, chemistry, space science, and robotics at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. She has a B.A. from Campbell University and an M.A. in English (Professional Writing and Editing) from George Mason University.
Daniella Ferretti is a Chilean illustrator. She studied graphic design in Valparaíso and completed a Creative Illustration Degree in Barcelona. She was selected as part of the Ibero-American Illustration Catalog in 2016. She finds inpiration in nature, sea, walking, travels and daily life.