- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 40
- Size: 8.2 X 10.6
- Price: $17.99
- Age Range: 3-8 years, PreK-3
- Publication Date: April 18, 2023
- ISBN: 9781953458469
Clear evidence that the scientific method works as well for dogs as for people. –Kirkus Reviews
A funny hypothesis properly tested and confirmed. –Kirkus Reviews
Science in action! … Ellor closes with a simplified restatement of the scientific method and a bulleted list of enticing project ideas (dog related and otherwise) to explore. –Kirkus Reviews
Key Selling Points:
- Girls in STEM/STEAM—Yara is a girl with a passion for science who is determined to excel and make new discoveries. She will inspire young readers to pursue scientific studies as well.
- Humorous Antics—Renzo’s “experiments” cause humorous chaos that will have readers giggling at his antics as he rips up paper airplanes, gags on sour lemons, knocks over test tubes, and more.
- Perfect for Dog Lovers—Kids love pets and Yara’s funny but loving relationship with Renzo is appealing. Dog lovers will recognize Renzo’s spirited and playful nature from their own canine friends.
- Educational Back Matter—The book has educational back matter explaining the scientific method that will be useful to teachers and librarians. It lays out each step in the process clearly, so kids can follow them.Itwill inspire readers to become scientists and start experimenting on their own.
Betsy Ellor lives in a house near the beach where curiosity and chaos run wild. She divides her time between seeking out great stories and designing spaces like science labs, classrooms, and restaurants where others can cultivate their own curiosity. Her previous works include the anthology Heroic Care, and Sara Crewe, a family musical that’s been performed across the U.S.
Luisa Vera was born in Spain. After getting a degree in Fine Arts, she moved to New York, where she continued her illustration studies. Her characters have nosed their way into the pages of The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Wall Street Journal,and El País, and have dressed up for all kinds of occasions, such as book covers, posters, catalogues, children’s books, and exhibitions.